How long until I see results of the Matrix Mono Threads?
You will begin to see results within six weeks of your treatment. These results will continue to improve over the next 2–6 months as new collagen is produced.
How long do the results last?
Matrix Mono Threads help to create new collagen that supports your face and creates a tightening effect that lasts 6–12 months after your treatment. The results vary depending on lifestyle factors such as smoking, alcohol, exercise etc. It is recommended to have another Matrix Mono Thread treatment six months after the initial treatment to maintain the tightening effects.
Does the procedure hurt?
Topical anaesthetic will be applied before the Matrix Mono Thread treatment, so you experience minimal discomfort during the procedure. You may experience a firm feeling and some tenderness in the area that has been treated for a few days after the procedure.
How long does the Matrix Mono Thread treatment take?
The time of the treatment will vary based on factors, such as the size of the area being treated, but will typically take anywhere between 30–60 minutes.
What is the downtime for this procedure?
A Matrix Mono Thread treatment may produce swelling and bruising in the area that has been treated, which will subside after a few days.
Pre Treatment Instructions
- Avoid Alcohol and smoking.
- Schedule procedure at least one week prior to a special occasion or event.
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory medication (consult Doctor prior, if necessary).
- Avoid treatment if you have active infections in the treatment area.
Post Treatment Instructions
- Please do not apply oil-based moisturiser or makeup for the next 24 hours. After that, apply your makeup gently for five days.
- When applying makeup, do not use brushes / sponges for two days due to cleanliness of the brush / sponge.
- Avoid facial contact with animals or their coats for one week to ensure cleanliness.
- Ice may be applied to soothe area of treatment.
- Bruising is to be expected, but can be variable from minimal to severe. Hirudoid or Arnica Cream can be used to assist in resolution.
- Please sleep on your back and elevate your head for the first three nights.
- Please do not have any facials or face massages for three weeks.
- There may be mild tenderness in the treated area for approximately one week.
- If you experience a ‘ping’ sensation where the threads have been placed, massage for 2–3 seconds.
- Avoid strenuous contact sports for three weeks.
- Avoid exaggerated facial movements like chewing, talking or yawning for three weeks. You may move your face in a normal fashion.
- No dental surgery for four weeks.
- Avoid saunas or heat treatments for three weeks.
- Do not have heat treatments (RF / Laser) in the area of the threads for three months.
- In the very rare instance that you experience any thread extrusion after your treatment, simply pull the thread out and disregard.
Results can be expected in 8–12 weeks.