Anti-wrinkle treatments work by relaxing facial muscles that cause wrinkles and lines when you smile or frown. Wrinkles often appear in our forehead and around our eyes. Overtime, these expression lines begin to linger a little longer or become a little deeper, even when the face is at rest.
Botulinum toxins are used to relax only the muscles beneath the lines where the product has been injected, and the muscles responsible for other aspects of your facial expression stay active. The injections can be used to treat several types of facial lines including crow’s feet, forehead lines and the vertical frown (‘glabellar’) lines between the eyebrows.
100% pure product. No generics. No substitutes.
Free touch-ups within 14-21 days of treatment
Our treatments are quick and simple. A small amount of anti-wrinkle treatment is injected into specific facial muscles with a very fine needle.
Treatments generally take around ten minutes. Typically, pain is minimal and no anaesthetic is required. You can resume normal activities immediately and it’s important to follow any post- treatment instruction our clinician advises.
You’ll generally start to see results in 1-2 days after treatment and it can take from 10-14 days for full results to be seen.
The effects of treatments usually last up to 4 months and gradually decrease overtime. Regular treatments may help the effects to last longer and may help to reduce static wrinkles.
For the majority of patients, any side effects are temporary and limited.
Possible side effects include:
Pain, Burning or Stinging
Swelling or Redness at injection site
Local muscle weakness including drooping eyelids or eyebrows
Swollen eyelids and Skin tightness
Itching or aching forehead
If you have any concerns about side effects, please do not hesitate to consult our clinician.
If you have a special event or vacation coming up, please keep in mind that you may want to schedule your treatment at least 2 weeks in advance.
It is recommended to discontinue the use of Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week before and after treatment to minimise bruising or bleeding. Please consult with your primary physician prior to discontinuing any medications. Avoid alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods, and cigarettes 24-48 hours before and after your treatment. (All of these factors may increase risk of bruising and swelling).
If you develop a cold / flu, cold sore, blemish, or rash, etc. in the area to be treated prior to your appointment, we recommend that you please reschedule your appointment until it resolves.
It is recommended to discontinue Retin-A two (2-3) days before treatment to avoid any increased redness and irritation.
It is recommended that you wait at least 2 weeks to have botulinum toxin treatments performed if you have previously had cosmetic treatments with laser, ultrasound, peels, facials or micro-dermabrasion.
Your clinician will have reviewed with you what to expect following your treatment.
Avoid for at least 4 hours after your treatment: rubbing or massaging treated area.
1. Do NOT lie head down flat, touch, or rub the treated areas for at least 4 hours.
2. Avoid Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week after treatment. These items may increase bleeding and bruising.
3. Avoid alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods, and cigarettes 24-48 hours after your treatment. These items may contribute to increased swelling or irritation.
4. Avoid the use of Retin-A or similar products (ex. Kinerase, Tazarac) 2 days after treatment to avoid increased irritation or redness.
5. Avoid cosmetic treatments such as laser, ultrasound, peels, facials or micro- dermabrasion for 2 weeks after treatment.
6. Try to avoid wearing makeup until the day after treatment. Earlier use may cause pustules. If you must wear makeup we recommend a good quality mineral makeup for the face.
7. Please report to your provider if any increased pain, increased swelling, redness, blisters, or itching immediately, should it occur following your treatment.
8. The treatment may take 2-10 days to take full effect. It is recommended that the touchup, if needed, be done no later than 2 weeks after the initial treatment.
9. Avoid wearing hats or headbands after treatment.